The original bells were sold for scrap in the 1500’s, following a decline in the fabric of the church. In the 1600’s, along with the start of restoration work, three bells were installed in the tower. An additional bell was added in the 1700’s, and a tenor bell was added in 1878 – the largest bell in the photograph. This bell, cast by Taylors of Loughborough, was paid for and bears the name of Rev. Richard Stephens, who blessed the bell from his bedroom window days before his death. Three additional bells were added in the 1880’s.